Sewer Line Issues
When considering the overall functionality of your main sewer line, there are many different ways to identify if there is a problem that may exist in this key element of your plumbing system. Listed below are a number of early indicators that a homeowner can use to help identify an issue that needs further professional attention:
Warning Signs of an Issue Within Your Main Sewer Line:
- CLOGS, BACKUPS, & BLOCKAGES –
- If you notice that water and waste is backing up every time you flush a toilet, run your laundry, take a shower, etc then it is possible that a blockage resides in your main sewer line. All of your homes internal drain lines are tied into this sewer line, so a blockage here can lead to untimely problems throughout the home
- SLOWE OPERATING DRAINS –
- Slow operating drain lines can be a common problem and can often be fixed easily as well. When common methods to correct the issue do not resolve the drainage problem, a larger issue could exist within the main sewer line of the home
- FOUL ODORS & GAS –
- If you begin to detect foul odors coming out of a particular drain in your home, it’s highly likely that the waste flushed through your drainage system is not completely making it through the line, and a blockage is beginning to formulate within the line that is leading to this foul smell
- LUSH, GREEN SPOTS IN YOUR YARD –
- Do you notice particular areas of your yard that more green and lush than others? It might be due to raw sewage leaking from your plumbing system buried below ground level. Sewage acts as a great fertilizer and will lead to these areas of lush, green growth.
- SOGGY YARD –
- Sewage leaks below ground level can lead to puddling and concentrated areas of excess moisture in your yard. A compromise in your main sewer lie can lead to these water filled cavities to formulate
- INSECT & RODENT INFESTATION
- Insects and various rodents can fit through the smallest of cracks and compromises in your main sewer line, ultimately ending up in your plumbing system and/or other areas of your home
- MOLD & MILDEW
- If mold and mildew become evident in areas of your home, this should be addressed immediately. Compromises in your sewer line, or drainage system, can lead to mold & mildew growth on the inner walls, ceilings, and other areas inside your home
- FOUNDATION ISSUES –
- Compromises in your main sewer line can lead to structural damage in your home. Leaking water/waste can cause cracks in your foundation and brickwork, or sinkholes to form in your yard. These cracks evident can be signs that point to this problem and can eventually lead to erosion within the foundation of your home.
If any of these early indicators above are present in your home, we highly recommend calling a member of our team to schedule an appointment today. Our team of licensed plumbers can provide you with a diagnosis of the issue, a thorough cleaning of the sewer line, and/or video inspection to better identify the condition and any compromises that may be leading to the issues present. Call us today at (816) 554-3337 to schedule an appointment.