Morgan Leak Detection & Plumbing is a reliable and affordable plumber in Arlington, TX, with over 30 years of experience. We are one of the few plumbers in Arlington, to offer 24/7 emergency drain cleaning and plumbing services
How much does it cost to repair a slab leak?
On average, fixing a slab leak can cost anywhere from $2,000 - $4,000. Factors, including where you live, the complexity of the slab repair, the extent of damage, etc. can increase or decrease the cost of the repair. All water pipes and sewer lines are prone to wear and tear, which can cause deterioration over time. It starts with a small leak and can lead to bursting of pipes if left untreated.
A leak within your structure can severely compromise your structure's integrity and fuel the growth of moss, mold, and mildew. If you spot signs liked cracks in foundation, damp spots in your floor, growth of mold in your walls, etc., get in touch with a skilled plumber in Arlington, TX.
Tips to stop plumbing leaks
Leaking pipes in your home should not be taken lightly, as it can cause severe structural damages. Make sure to hire a professional at the earliest to fix the plumbing issue. However, here are some immediate control measures to reduce the impact of a plumbing repair in your house:
- Turn off the main water supply as soon as you can.
- Drain the pipe entirely by turning on the faucet and dry the leaking pipe using a clean cloth.
- Place a bucket beneath the leak to catch any last drops of water. This will avoid slippery floors.
Once your plumber arrives, he may use epoxy putty to seal the leak. While this may be the best way to fix leaks temporarily, your plumber may also advise on using pipe clamps or putting a slip coupling to seal the leak.
Most common plumbing issues
Plumbing issues are fairly common home repairs that can affect different areas of your house. Some of the common plumbing issues include:
- Dripping faucets - If you see a sudden rise in your water bill, go check your faucets as they can be the real culprit. This can happen as a result of an internal washer becoming stiff, torn, or dislodged.
- Clogged drains - There could be a large chunk of trash that is clogging your sink drain, restricting the free flow of water. While figuring this out is not rocket science, you may need the help of a professional to discard the food remnants and congealed fats efficiently. Bathroom drains are also highly prone to clogging from large chunks of hair.
- Faulty water heater - Several issues can cause a water heater to fail. There could be a problem with the pilot, the thermostat, or a sediment build-up in the tank.
Contact Morgan Leak Detection & Plumbing for help with drain cleaning, leak detection, or other plumbing issues. As the community's favorite plumber in Arlington, TX, we also offer special discounts for senior citizens.Plumber Arlington TX